7.19.2008

Frenemies...

the perfect word describing the relationship between Alex and Christian. I was sneaking in a few minutes of Time reading this morning when they started fighting over some trains. The article I was about to begin discussed George W. Bush and John McCain and liking the title, I read it out loud: Frenemies. U laughed thinking I meant the boys. 

Months have passed since my last and first post. Christian is no longer the little baby brother who used to cower to the floor immediately after snatching a toy away from Alex, anticipating the resulting push to the ground. Alex no longer hits Christian without reason as Christian now hits back, albeit only lightly. They even chase each other and laugh at each other's silly faces or sounds. Christian constantly imitates Alex and Alex feels safer in a new situation with Christian by his side. But of course, they still grab cars away from each other, always wanting what the other has at the moment. It's fascinating to see our basic human natures in action.  

Frenemies: basic sibling nature. 

No comments: