5.19.2010

Lotsa sewing

sewingmosaic
1. changing pad 2. beach blanket 3. camera bag 4. baby shoes 5. baby snuggler
6. diaper bag 7. picnic blanket 8. nursing pillow 9. laptop bag

I don't know if it's the nesting instinct or spring fever but I've been sewing a lot lately. The picnic/beach blankets (from Handmade Home - by Amanda Blake Soule) were my first ever quilted projects, made from thrifted and old Ikea sheets. The baby stuff, except for the shoes, came from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby. I learned how to sew 3 years ago using her Simple Sewing book. The baby shoes on the left were from a free online pattern and the Mary Jane's, a pattern bought on Etsy. Finally, the camera bag and laptop bag, from Sew Liberated by Meg McElwee.

I still have the sewing itch so I'm sure more projects will follow.

No comments: