Friday was United Nations Day. To celebrate, One World Montessori put on a show and organized an international potluck lunch. Each child dressed in a traditional costume from a country of their ancestry and said a few words plus sang a song in the language of the chosen country. The kindergarten class also took turns reciting lines from a speech about the universe, the continents, the world, different peoples, and peace with songs interspersing the dialogue. Alex's line was "But today, we refer to them as aboriginal natives,"...quite a mouthful. The whole program was adorable and very moving. And oh, the food...so yummy. There were European and African sausages, Asian noodles and rice, Swedish rainbow bread, Spanish flan, etc. etc. It was the best potluck I've ever been to. Next year I'll have to take pictures of the food.






1 comment:
I love the difference in facial expression between Alex standing by the girl and Christian holding hands with the other girl. Haha!
Post a Comment